Frequently Asked Questions   < BACK

What do I do if I receive a collection notice?

Nearly all of the people we collect from intend to keep their payment promises when they purchase an item or service on credit. They sincerely wish to pay their bill, but for a variety of reasons they are unable to do so. Working with a collection agency need not be an unpleasant experience. Assistance from collection specialists, plus determination and self-control has brought many people out of serious financial situations.Being contacted by a collection agency and following these thee suggestions can help you settle your present debt.
1. Don't get angry
Your account came to us from someone who values your business. However, just as you depend on an income to pay rent, groceries and other necessities, those who extend credit must have payment for their goods and services in order to pay their bills and remain in business. Instead of being asked to pay cash, you purchased on credit and your account has been unpaid for quite some time. Now it’s time to find a solution.
2. Contact us
If you believe you do not owe the bill or have questions about the bill, please let the agency know. This will allow us to provide a response to the issues you raise. If you do owe it, let them know when payment can be expected, and if you are unable to pay it in full, tell them why. Failure to contact the collection agency suggests that you are avoiding the debt. Whatever the reason for nonpayment problems in the past, the matter cannot be resolved if you do not make contact. Please carefully read any notices or letters that are sent to you; they contain important information about your rights.
3. Get Help
While collecting past due accounts is what collection agencies do, helping people solve their financial problems is their commitment. People in the collection industry are experienced in credit and collections and are able to assist you if you let them. If your account is listed with a collection service that reports to a credit bureau, this factor could prevent you from obtaining credit elsewhere when you need it. You should understand this is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Do you report accounts placed for collection to the credit bureaus?

Yes. Armada only reports to two major bureaus, Equifax and Transunion.

What if I dispute an item on my credit report?
You will need to dispute the item directly with the credit bureau(s). Armada will be notified and required to verify the accuracy of the information being reported and update any inaccuracies that is reflected in the data.

Can you remove an item from the credit bureau if I pay my bill?
No. As a CRA (Credit Reporting Agency), Armada is obligated to report accurate information in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If a balance is paid, the item will be reported as being paid and reflect a 0 balance.

How do I request a "fraud alert" be placed on my file?
You have the right to ask that nationwide consumer credit reporting companies place "fraud alerts" in your file to let potential creditors and others know that you may be a victim of identity theft. A fraud alert can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you. It also may delay your ability to obtain credit. You may place a fraud alert in your file by calling just one of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies. As soon as that agency processes your fraud alert, it will notify the other two, which then also must place fraud alerts in your file.

Equifax: 1-877-576-5734;
Experian: 1-888-397-3742;
TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289;

Can I request a free credit report? is the official site to help consumers to obtain their free credit report.

Where can I find out more about credit reports, my rights as a consumer, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the FACT Act?
Please visit

Traffic Tickets

Armada assists numerous district and municipal courts in the collection of delinquent traffic infractions as well as criminal traffic violations. Having a ticket placed with a collection agency may have a number of significant consequences.
  • As with any type of collection, traffic tickets are subject to credit reporting with the major national credit bureaus, which may impede your ability to obtain credit with various lenders and retailers.
  • Subject to state and local laws, collection fees and other costs are commonly added to the original ticket amount. These additional costs and the interest that is usually assessed can turn an ordinary ticket into a very expensive obligation.
  • Unpaid traffic or parking tickets usually results in suspension of driver license or renewal of tabs.
  • Many tickets do not qualify for relief under federal bankruptcy laws.
Armada offers various programs to assist you in reinstating your license.
A down payment with monthly payments based on certain criteria is usually all that is required to get your license back.

Helpful Court Websites
Chelan County District Court
City of East Wenatchee Municipal Court
Ferry County District Court
City of Connell Municipal Court
City of Omak Municipal Court
City of Cashmere Municipal Court
City of Sunnyside Municipal Court
City of Airway Heights Municipal Court
Stevens County District Court

Your Rights

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) protects consumers from unfair and abusive debt collection practices. It applies to debt collectors, collection agencies, and companies that buy and collect debts in default.
  • You may dispute the debt (or any part of it) within 30 days after receiving the first notice. Your dispute must be in writing. The collection agency must then stop collection efforts until it mails you proof of the debt and the name of the original creditor if requested (if different from the creditor listed on the collection notice)
  • You may inform the collection agency to stop calling you at work or home, limit the hours during which they call, or to contact you only in writing. Your request must be in writing. The collection agency must comply with your request but may sue you if it believes the debt is valid. If you are sued, you have the right to appear and defend yourself in court.


A debt collector may not:
  • Contact you by postcard
  • Use an envelope that shows that the sender is a collection agency or that the contents concern a debt.
  • Discuss the debt with those who do not owe it without your consent or a court order. The debt collector cannot state he is a debt collector or affiliated with a collection agency unless specifically asked.
  • Call you before 7:30 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. your time or at any other time or place which the debt collector knows is inconvenient for you.
  • Harass, intimidate, threaten, or embarrass you.
  • Threaten violence, criminal prosecution, or use offensive language.
  • Report false credit information about you.

Helpful Hints

  • Contact the agency and set up payment arrangements and pay as agreed.
  • Keep copies of all letters and notices you send to a collection agency. Send important communications by certified mail or other method to verify the agency received the letter.
  • Keep a record of the dates and times you are contacted by the collection agency, including the name of the debt collector.
  • Get a receipt for all cash or money order payments you make.